“Ahhh! I am having gastric again! SO HURT!” I guess we all always hear this kind of sentence daily. First thing first, the proper name for the “gastric” people call is gastritis. Also, here are the 5 causes of why people get this “gastric”.
1. Frequent use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Examples of that include aspirin, indocin and motrin. Although they reduce inflammation or pain, they expose stomach lining to damages by gastric and you might get either ulcers or bleedings in your stomach (then you suffer!).
2. Presence of Helicobacter Pylori. In some way, this bacteria is pretty prevalent in Malaysia, but it causes minimal damage to stomach in MOST cases. In contrast, it will cause problems if there is too much and left untreated.
3. Bile reflux. You will have a tough time to go through when your bile flow back to your stomach.
4. Excessive alcohol consumption. Even a little alcohol in your stomach will make it produce more gastric acid than usual, then there you go, gastritis.
5. Bacterial or viral infection. If you get infected by other bacteria from Helicobacter or cytomegalovirus (a type of virus). Yea, you know what is next!
Just taking pills will do, but different pills comes with different function:-
- Antibiotic. Your doctor would give you a combination of antibiotics, be sure to finish all of them! (not finishing them might allow bacterial survival). That usually last for 7 to 14 days.
- Antacids. This will react with your stomach acids to protect you from suffering. But side effect is either constipation or diarrhea.
- Others. They will either block or reduce acid production to relieve gastritis pain and encourage your stomach healing.
Check check check!
If you are having unusual stomachache for quite a long period, do kindly approach the doctors!
Some have tried NutriBrownRice® (No Sugar Added with Prebiotic) and they felt that it is the best way to treat your delicate stomach with good food or suitable diet rather than popping up the pills! After drinking for just 2 weeks, they could feel the difference. They took a step further: eating their favourite foods that usually cause gastric to them. Surprisingly, they found that those gastric causing foods never cause any pain anymore because of drinking a cup of NutriBrownRice® (No Sugar Added with Prebiotic) before food. It acts like a protective layer in the stomach lining.
Why not try this drink every morning and see how it could help?
- Amin, T.B.A., Enzo, I. and Yeong, Y.L. (2015). Why do we still have Helicobacter Pylori in our Stomachs. Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences. 22(5), 70-75.
- Charles, P.D. (2019, July 15). Gastritis Symptoms, Causes, Diet, Home Remedies, Treatment, and Cure. Retrieved 26 October 2019, from https://www.medicinenet.com/gastritis/article.htm
- Chitra, B., Jeniffer, N. and Tim, J. (2012, August 16). Chronic Gastritis. Retrieved 26 October 2019, from https://www.healthline.com/health/gastritis-chronic
- MayoClinic. (2019, October 23). Gastritis diagnosis & treatment. Retrieved 26 October 2019, from https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gastritis/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20355813
- Mohammad, W., Sunil, D., Gwendolyn, S., Kamil, O. and Vincent, W.Y. (2019, October 20). Which organisms cause viral gastritis. Retrieved 26 October 2019, from https://www.medscape.com/answers/175909-44756/which-organisms-cause-viral-gastritis
- Omudhome, O. (2018, October 23). Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs(NSAIDS) and Ulcers. Retrieved 26 October 2019, from https://www.medicinenet.com/nonsteroidal_anti-inflammatory_drugs_and_ulcers/article.htm
- Rose, K., Ana, G. and Elizabeth, B. (2012, July 16). Acute Gastritis. Retrieved 26 October 2019, from https://www.healthline.com/health/gastritis-acute
- https://www.freepik.com/free-photos-vectors/hand”>Hand photo created by freepik – www.freepik.com